Buying or selling a property can be exciting and stressful at the same time. Whether you are new to the property ladder or looking to extend your property portfolio, our dedicated team will ensure your transaction is completed swiftly and smoothly, with minimal fuss. We pride ourselves with excellent client care which is why your matter will always be dealt with by the same solicitor throughout the entire transaction.
Our specialist Conveyancing firm is long established and is headed by Mrs Sonia Bhalla, a director of the firm, with over 20 years of experience in dealing with property transactions.
Our legal fees cover all of the work required to complete the sale or purchase of your property, including dealing with registration at the Land Registry and dealing with the payment of Stamp Duty Land Tax if the property is in England or Land Transaction Tax, if the property is in Wales.
Our pricing information is set out below and assumes that
- this is a standard transaction and that no unforeseen matters arise including for example (but not limited to) a defect in title which requires remedying prior to completion or the preparation of additional documents ancillary to the main transaction.
- this is the assignment of an existing lease and is not the grant of a new lease
- the transaction is concluded in a timely manner and no unforeseen complications arise
- all parties to the transaction are co-operative and there is no unreasonable delay from third parties providing documentation.
- no indemnity polices are required. Additional disbursements may apply if indemnity policies are required.
The price table below relates to the freehold sale or purchase without a mortgage. This is the average fee that we charge for a property within that price range. For a detailed estimate, please feel free to call us on 020 8570 4041, where our friendly team will generate a conveyancing quote. Please note that all fees exclude disbursements and VAT. (Vat is chargeable at the current rate of 20%).
Our average fee:
|£0.00 - £500,000.00||£795.00|
|£500,001 - £750,000||£995.00|
|£750,001 - £1,000,000||£1200.00|
Should your transaction involve a mortgage, be leasehold, involve a gift, Help to Buy Equity charge or Help to Buy ISA, additional fees will apply.
A list of our most common additional charges are as follows:
- Acting for your lender minimum fee of £95 + VAT (excluding Help to Buy Mortgages): If you are purchasing a property with a mortgage, we will be required to act for your lender as well as you. This work includes complying with your lender's specific instructions and the registration of your lender's mortgage upon completion. If you are selling with a mortgage, we will need to obtain a redemption figure from them, repay the mortgage on completion and submit paperwork to the lender in order for the mortgage to be removed from the property upon completion.
- Help to Buy Mortgages £295 + VAT: Where your purchase involves a Help to Buy Mortgage, we also act as the Help To Buy Agent. The process for this is more involved than a standard mortgage and requires that we provide a number of undertakings (legal promises) and detailed reports to you.
- Leasehold Fee minimum fee of £95 + VAT: If your sale or purchase is leasehold, we will need to obtain replies to a large number of leasehold enquiries from the Landlord and/or Management Company. For a purchase, there may also be an additional fee for a notice of assignment/charge. Certificate of compliance fee and for the preparation of the deed of covenant. These fees are determined by the Landlord and/or Management Company and can be difficult to estimate.
- Electronic ID Fee £40 + VAT: We are legally obliged to require you to provide evidence of your identity and the identity of anyone you are acting on behalf of or who is providing a gift to you.
- Help to Buy ISA Fee £75 + VAT: If you are purchasing and using a Help To Buy ISA, we are required by HM Revenue and Customs to obtain a declaration to confirm that you are eligible for the ISA and submit documentation in order to claim the ISA and receive the bonus from them.
- Electronic Bank Transfer Fee £40 + VAT: If you are purchasing or selling, a bank transfer fee will be payable to transfer funds.
- Preparation of the Stamp Duty Form £95 + VAT: If you are purchasing a property, a stamp duty form will need to completed and submitted to HMRC.
- Gift Administration Fee £50 + VAT: If you are purchasing a property with the aid of a mortgage and are obtaining a gift, we will need additional paperwork from you to submit to the lender.
- New Build Fee £295 + VAT: Due to the more complex nature of a new build property an additional fee will be payable.
3rd Party Costs
In addition to our fees, you will be required to pay fees to third parties such as:
- Land Registry: We will need to obtain office copies entries in order to prepare the contract documentation. The cost per office copy and filed plan is normally £6.00.
- Land Registry: To register the transfer of the property. The fee payable will depend on the price of the property, and their fees can be found at https://www.gov.uk/guidance/hm-land-registry-registration-services-fees.
- Stamp Duty Land Tax: Stamp duty Land Tax is payable on increasing portions of a property price above £125,000.00. There are different rules if you are buying your first home or if you a purchasing an additional property. Stamp duty rates can be found at https://www.gov.uk/stamp-duty-land-tax/residential-property-rates.
- Searches: Search Fees vary according to the Local Authority in which the Property is situated. The search fees include the Local Search, Environmental Search, Drainage Search and Chancel Search.
The price table below relates to the freehold transfer of equity and re-mortgage. Please note that all fees exclude disbursements and VAT. (Vat is chargeable at the current rate of 20%).
|Transfer of Equity||£595.00|